Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hidden Danger- Baby Yoga

Here is the conversation between DH and I last night before bed...

DH: What are you doin?
Me: Blogging
DH: Your blogging in your head?
Me: Yuppers

OK...so my title is meant to be funny. There are no real dangers in Baby Yoga that I know about. I am talking about the hidden danger...

Last night I decided I would do a workout video. Eliza was in the jumparoo getting her own workout. When I had to stop early before I passed out finished my workout I decided to indulge in a little Baby Yoga. I took an Itsy Bitsy Yoga book out at the library and have been using it for a month or so. I really want the video but haven't found it for cheap on Amazon or Ebay yet.

We were having a good ol' time doing Super Baby and then I felt something wet in my eye. Eliza is a drool queen so I fiugured it was just drool. The she started coughing and formula shot out of her nose and mouth. I am not sure how I could see this because I had a pool of vomit in my eye. GROSS! We ran to the bathroom and got cleaned up. Needless to say, that was the end of yoga for the day.

Here are some pics of Little E's favorite moves.


Vomit Inducer A.K.A Super Baby or Super Eliza




Divine Drops * It looks like I am having a lot of fun here. I can feel the burn in the glutes!






Womb Wings * This is always sure to get a smile



My warning to you- wait a LONG time after eating to try out the moves! Unless of course you like vomit in your eye, on your face and in your hair!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh I am sorry! Riley is the king of spit up. Even at 10 months old he spits up all.the.time! I have had more times then I can count where I have had to change or clean off my face, hair, etc. Yuk! So sorry you had to experience that!

Lori said...

YUCK! I learned early with Blake that you never hold him above your face anytime after eating. It gets better we don't have issues with that now since he eats table food, but when he was only on b/f or formula.... watch out!

Anonymous said...

those look like some great moves! I have also been victim to the rainfall of baby vomit. There is never a dull moment in the life of a mom! :)

heather said...

It is so hard to get to the gyn these days...I am going to try out some of those moves...my 7 month old has reflux so I'll be careful on some of those moves! :)

Drea said...

awe how fun! I saw baby yoga on TV the other day. It looked neat! Id do it! :-) I do pilates and core secrets at home.. my 3 yr old watches some days.. but interrupts a lot. So I find any working out is best done when they nap.. for me any how :-) thanks for adding my button!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try baby yoga...now that Kaelin is not spitting up anymore!!