Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sleep, Sleep, You Gotta Go to Sleep Right Now

Sleep, Sleep, You Gotta Go to Sleep Right Now

These are the lyrics that ran through my brain all night! The song is from a record I used to play on my Fisher Price record player. I found it online at a site I visit frequently to get songs for my Kindergarten classroom- Songs for Teaching. It is by Rosenshontz and it always made me laugh when I was little. What brought on this fond childhood memory? Little E had a rough night. My little love bug was very restless. We ended up putting her in bed with us and that didn’t even help. This past week she slept through the night two times, two times! However, she didn’t want DH and I to get used to sleeping so she followed these nights by two sleepless ones. We shall see how tonight goes.


Last night DH and I watched Across the Universe. I am a HUGE Beatles fan and I couldn’t wait to see this flick. I will say that if you are NOT a Beatles fan, do NOT see this movie. You will want to poke out your own eardrums with a chopstick fifteen minutes into the movie. If you are a Beatles fan than grab a big bowl of popcorn (the movie is rather long) and get ready to karaoke. Family member may need earplugs if you have a voice like mine. The plot revolves around a group of young musicians who are caught up in the counterculture movement of the 60’s. The movie is psychedelic at times and did involve some interpretive dance scenes that DH would have edited out. Bono makes a strange Ringo-esq guest appearance as Dr. Robert. Aside from the fact that I waited the entire length of the film to hear Hey Jude, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

0 comments: