Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Holding my breath and New Mei Tai Moves

I have pretty much been a nervous wreck all day because I gave Eliza some oatmeal this morning. It was her first time with solids since the ER trip last Sat. I know the doc. thinks it was a stomach flu but I can't get past the idea it might have been a rice allergy. So I have been watching her like a hawk all day and holding my breath.

Also, this past weekend I decided to try a new carry with my Mei Tai. It is the high back carry. I need Pete's help with it before I can do it on my own. I did use the shoulder toss to get her up there. I still need a LOT of practice with this one. It went reasonable well. This carry also seems to be kitty friendly
Pay no attention to the snowman pajama pants!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Eliza looks so comfy up there on your back! Mei tais are wonderful :)

Lori said...

she looks very content there. hope the oatmeal goes well

Anonymous said...

Eliza looks so cute in the mei tai!!! What a great picture!!!! By the way - love the bangs on you (typical EJ comment...you know they wouldn't go unnoticed with me. Hope Eliza feels better. xoxo

Rebecka said...

LOL. I never had that with my daughter.

Pam said...

I love to see you and your beautiful daughter! You have such beautiful babies.....you should have dozens more! Hope the oatmeal went well.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! First of all, what's up with those, should I say "weight challenged" cats? They look like they haven't missed a meal recently (I do love cats!)...secondly, that carry looks really comfy and Eliza looks really happy. I'm sure you'll get good at it soon!

2Forgetful said...

Ooo, the Mei Tai looks great. Cute pictures.

As for your question on my blog - we used the Miracle Blanket and it worked really well. Before we purchased the miracle blankets (or if they were dirty) I cut foot holes in the swaddle me. Their legs would go through the holes in the swaddle me. Then I would use a blanket to swaddle their legs and use the top of the swaddle me to keep the blanket in place and the arms swaddled. (Can you tell how important swaddling was to sleep around here?!)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That is such a pretty mei tai and way to carry!

Steph