Saturday, August 16, 2008

We're Going to the Zoo-Zoo-Zoo & Play Date

Rose and some moms from her mom's group were heading to a the Turtle Back Zoo on Friday and I was invited to go along. It was Eliza's first trip tot he zoo and it was so much fun. The girls were awesome. We rode the train and saw a lot of animals. The two-toed sloth was a personal favorite of mine and Eliza just loved the aviary. We did bring in the strollers but ended up baby wearing most of the time. It was so much fun with all the little babies. It was strange for me that Eliza was the big girl in the group. My baby is all grown up!


Here is a pic of Eliza before we left for the zoo. I think she grew tired of hearing me sing We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!

DSCN3168



Here we are checking out the penguins. What is with my hair? E looks a little loopy but I promise I didn't spike her bottle. There was a stinky old grandpa penguin there. I felt really bad for him.

DSCN3172

And here we are riding the train. I think thew motion was very relaxing for the little ones. This was def. worth the wait. Of course I was singing a little Folsom Prison Blues in my head in honor of Eliza's I Love Johnny Cash Shirt!
DSCN3185





PLAYDATE!

Eliza and her friend had another play date this week. It is hard to believe that they are almost 1. I still remember taking their picture in their care seats like it was yesterday!


Look at them now! Here are some pics of them playing!
IMG_9574

IMG_9583

IMG_9575

Isn't he a handsome little guy. Eliza sure thinks so. I think she tried to steal a kiss.





and because I can't get that zoo song out of my head now...

































8 comments:

Dana said...

i love my little E.... she has gotten sooooo big... looks like you guys had fun at the zoo...

PS - i love johnny cash too..

Lori said...

looks like you've had lots of fun the last few days

Christy said...

Can you believe that I still haven't taken my kids to the zoo? What am I waiting for?

Looks like fun!

Tracy said...

Fun! Love the Johnny Cash tee. It was greating seeing you guys yesterday. Thanks for the pics!

Mozi Esme said...

Looks like fun! And thanks for the video link - I added that to Esme's collection!

I remember when I first realized that Esme wasn't the littlest baby around anymore. She was probably about 6 months, and people weren't saying "Oh, how tiny!" anymore. It was a sad moment. :)

Pam said...

So glad everyone had fun at the zoo and on the playdate!

junglemama said...

How fun! Looks like the whole bunch had fun!

Missi said...

What a fun day!!