Thursday, December 4, 2008

There's No Place Like a Place with Seltzer

I am attempting to catch up in this post. Wish me luck.

Let's travel back to Kansas! What is the deal with NO SELTZER in Kansas? We searched high and low but NO SELTZER-only sparkling water. If Kansas wants me to come back they had better get some seltzer on those shelves. The only thing I really drink is seltzer and so I must admit Kansas left me a bit parched!

Other than the no seltzer bit Kansas was awesome. I have such a wonderful time visiting with family. E played with her cousin Nolan and they had a blast. Unfortunately, they both were fighting off colds so it was one big boogerfest. :) Nothing like spending a week lugging around a boogy sucker and a boogy rag! Anyhoo, I loved having so many people around. It was such a nice change from being so lonely everyday. Sometimes I think I should have been born into the Dugger family. Maybe I I can be # 19.

The bad news is that about 4 days into the trip I started experiencing chest tightness, shortness of breath and heart palpitations. It was pretty constant for about three days and I ended up in the E.R yesterday. I had a feeling it was anxiety driven but wanted to make sure. The E.R. did an EKG and a CT scan. That iodine they pumped into me made me warm all over and feel like I wanted to vomit and pee myself at the same time! Not fun. And as an added bonus, I was ovulating yesterday and planning on TTC- so those plans have been put off for another month which has left me feeling a bit Bah Humbug. Although my chest issues have improved they are not nonexistent. This is the first time I have experienced these symptoms but I am pretty sure I just had a week long panic attack.

I started this post at around 10am and now I am finishing it at 9pm and I am very exhausted so you get the short short version! I haven't been feeling myself and have had a hard time blogging, reading blogs or doing anything I would normally do. I hope to feel more myself soon and get some pics up from the trip ASAP

7 comments:

Christy said...

I am sorry you're not feeling well Danielle.

Rebecka said...

I hope you're feeling yourself soon so you can get back to blogging :)

sorry about the putting of TTC.

and hope the chest pains get better!

Tipp said...

Bless your heart! I have had that idodine too. It is so freaky to see neon liquid go in you like that and the feeling it gives you. . .crazy. I swore I wet my pants.

I hope everything slows down soon!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling that well!! And that stinks that you have to wait another month before TTC again...waiting is so hard! I hope things get better soon...

Tracy said...

Welcome home. Feel better soon. No seltzer that is so bizarre it's not exaclty pork roll.

Anonymous said...

What is the difference between seltzer and sparkling water?

PletcherFamily said...

Welcome home! I am glad you had a good trip - the pictures are so cute!
I had the same thing, Danielle - about the same time Arlington was E's age. I ended up have Grave's Disease (hyperthyroid). Not to worry you, but your symptoms mimick mine to a "T". I am 5 1/2 years out now, and feel great!
Just wanted to throw that out there - sometimes you get a little "off" after you are pregnant - even if it is as far out as a year. :) email me if you ever have questions
jennifer