Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Mighty Fine Year!

New Years for me is always about reflection and looking ahead. Tied together with my birthday it is a chance to start fresh, make important changes, and be thankful for another year of life.

Looking back- 2008 or my 28th year- was kinda an amazing year!

I had so much joy

  • I discovered baby wearing
  • I started learning ASL and started sharing that gift with my daughter.
  • I left work to take on my greatest role- SAHM
  • I shared a wonderful vacation with my family in Hatteras, NC!
  • and one in Kansas too!
  • I celebrated Eliza's first birthday
  • and my 3rd wedding anniversary
  • I co-slept with a smile
  • I spent half the year Vegan
  • and tried to live a little greener
  • I enjoyed blogging on an almost daily basis
  • I started new family traditions
  • I read more books than I can count
  • I watched dear friends get married
  • and held newborn babies in my arms
  • I spent time friends- but not enough-never enough!
  • I rocked my daughter for hours on end- and cherished each second
  • I loved, laughed and lived more than ever before...

And a little sorrow

  • Suffered through Eliza's never ending sickness from day care
  • Lost a pregnancy
All in all I can say that 2008 was really FABULOUS!

and I am really looking forward to 2009!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Hope 2009 continues to bring you more joys than sorrows! Happy birthday!

Tipp said...

You are so blessed not just because your positives outweigh the negatives, but because you have a fantastic attitude and you live everyday better.

Happy new Year HON!

Anna said...

I hope you have a great 2009! :)

Tracy said...

Here is to an even better 2009!

Dana said...

may 2009 be an amazing year for both of us!! with new beginnings and new additions.. I am so lucky to have a friend like you!!! love you....

Anonymous said...

Soooo many more positives than negatives! I love how optimistic you are here!

Anonymous said...

cheers!

EP said...

2008 really WAS an incredible year, and I love your attitude about everything. Really. Your positives made me smile, and it has been a joy reading about everything here.

Here's to an even better 2009!

Pam said...

Here's hoping your family grows i 2009 and you conitnue with all the happiness!