Thursday, April 23, 2009

On why I have snaggle toes...

I am still not here but my snaggle toes are alive and well.

I am in desperate need of a pedicure.

I have read some pretty negative stuff about nail polish lately and since I try to err on the side of caution and haven't purchased and safe polish yet-my toe nails are bare.

Add to that the fact that at E's last doctor appointment they were playing one of those horrific documentaries in the waiting room that showed the dangers of pedicures from a salons. It was enough to turn my stomach. So I am pretty sure I will be avoiding salon manis and pedis during pregnancy and nursing.

I will just have to settle for Pete massaging my legs and painting my toenails. ;0

I am looking into some safe nail polish options. One that I have found is a water based nail polish called Polished Momma that you can get at the Cotton Babies site. This is where I purchase my cloth diapers and my cloth diaper detergent etc. I might as well throw a little treat for momma into the shopping cart. Mother's Day is right around the corner after all.

According to Safe Mama Nicole by OPI is a safe option. It doesn't contain DBP, Toluene or Formaldehyde ad is available at Target. I'll have to check this one out too.

I am also looking into nail polish by Zoya and someone also mentioned one by Chi?

Here is an article- pro and con- on whether traditional nail polish is safe during pregnancy. Babble!

What is your take on the topic?

0 comments: