Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Name Blunder

Pete and I made a lil oops during the maternity photo shoot. In the last post I unveiled the possible name choices for the baby. It wasn't until last night that I realized that we had made an error! I was at a good friend's house where Pete was taking some cute maternity photos. We started talking about names and all of a sudden it dawned on me.

During the shoot I was laying down with my eyes closed while Pete was getting the blocks set up. We agreed on the names months and months ago but never spoke about the SPELLING! I just assumed we were in agreement over the spelling as well.

It hit me last night that Pete had spelled our girl choice ZOEY and not ZOE! I am very set on the ZOE spelling. UGH! If this baby comes before we can reshoot the pic, which is likely, the picture will always have the wrong spelling. So I either change the spelling of the name or don't get to use the photo.

Or we can just say oh well and hang it up wrong kinda like we do with this wedding photo that boasts the wrong wedding date! Yup! That's just the way we roll around here. Our read wedding date is the July 30th, 2005!




9 comments:

Dana said...

it's funny caused I noticed that!! I just had figured you changed the spelling

Unknown said...

I say just post it as is if you don't get to reshoot. Someone got us a picture frame with Ladybug's birth stats on it. But her length and weight are engraved incorrectly. Oh well.

Future Mom (Heather) said...

either spelling would work although ZOE is obviously more common. Since we all think it will be a girl just send me the pic & I will photoshop it. You'll never know!!

marlrudowitz said...

I think Future Mom Heather has the answer. But it is a little funny and original. The pix are too beatiful!

Lori said...

I was going to suggest "photoshopping" it out too!

Marcy said...

Well, since you already have the wedding date thing, I think you now HAVE to keep the picture AND the "Zoe" spelling! lol It's like a tradition! ; )

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's totally funny! LOVE the new photos!

Upstatemamma said...

Oh that is too funny. I noticed that the spelling was Zoey and not Zoe first thing. But hey we spell Big Sister's name all kinds of weird so who am I to judge. :)

Beth said...

That is really funny and will always be a good story. Maybe this means you're having a boy!