Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Have you seen my towel?

I get out of the shower and stand there dripping like a wet dog- only much less stinky. As the drops of water fall onto the bathroom rug I can't seem to figure out what is missing. I look around the steamy bathroom as I try to trick my brain into functioning. Oh MY! It sure is chilly standing here all drippy and wet-like. As I slowly scan the room my gaze falls onto the counter where there should be something dry and fluffy awaiting my embrace. Alas! I forgot a freakin towel! Now I have to race, naked style-like Larry from Three's Company-to the linen closet to get a towel. I slowly come to the realization that things like this happen to only me. I would like to report an undiagnosed case of Momnesia!

And now for the day care update...

Eliza did really well at day care. On the other hand, I probably could have used a brown paper bag to breathe into on the car ride there this morning. I just know my lungs were not functioning properly. And I teared up twice but forced the drops back into my burning tear ducts because I wanted to appear strong. I DID call at lunch. Thanks Pam for encouraging me to be a strong momma! She took her naps in the cradle swing- which is fine by me. I wish I would have invested in one of those instead of my Pooh swing from Graco that she HATES!


Photobucket

8 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

That happens to all of us...I have Dadnesia...a rare form of Momnesia :)

Funny :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Pam said...

I am so glad to hear it went well! And that you called (not because I thought you should call, but because you wanted to call....I think you know what I mean!) It really is harder on us to leave the kids. Both my kids love going and playing with the other kids, etc. Riley was only a little over 4 months and I cried the whole first day- him, not one tear! Anyway! Enough about me- glad it is working out. Too bad you live in NJ and I live in PA -we could be forgetful mommies together!

Lori said...

I'm glad to hear that things went well for her first day.

Oh and I totally know how you feel about the forgetfulness!

marlrudowitz said...

I'm glad today went well for beautiful Eliza. I LOVE the pics of her but the one of her reading is priceless! The babies usually love day care because they love watching all the little toddlers. It is so true that it's much harder on us than it is on them.

Just wanted to say, welcome to the momnesia club. I've had it for 20 years now and it gets worse after each kid. I have no more brain cells after having 3 kids. Tomorrow morning will be so much easier for you when leaving her.

Momof3

Andrea said...

haha...yeah, I've had one of those 'no towel moments' one too many times! And that is awesome that Eliza did so great at daycare...I probably would have been BEYOND ventilating if I had to drop my son off at a daycare for a whole day...so that means you're doing better than I would! :)

Sheri said...

I bet she likes daycare. Being around the other babies. I am sure that each day that passes will be easier for you. There is nothing wrong with calling. I would have probably called 50 times. LOL

junglemama said...

Good to hear day care went well. I'm sure it is bittersweet for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute pic of you two! Glad that Eliza is doing great at daycare...hope you can say the same for yourself, soon!