Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Counting Sheep

Lately I realized that I require a great deal of sleep to function properly. I would say I need between 9 and 10 hours to feel refreshed. I have to admit that I become downright nasty, cranky, bitchy when I don't get a good night of zzzz's. I am just not one of those people who can function with little to no sleep. It isn't that I want to sleep late- I just want a good solid night of rest. Is that so much to ask?

I was a walking zombie when Eliza was born and I have always had trouble getting up at night-unless of course it is to go the bathroom. I usually do that 3-4 times a night and about 20 times when I was preggers. Pete is the one who goes to get E when she wakes up crying in her crib. I need my ZZZZ's. When I think of having another baby (I'm not pregnant) and how I will lose my precious sleep- I start to panic. Last night I went to sleep at 9 and woke up at 7 this morning. It isn't like I ran a marathon. I just did my normal routine of housework, walks, and playing with E- but come 9 o'clock I will be exhausted and ready to lay in bed with a book.

I wish I was one of those people (like my husband) who doesn't turn into the Wicked Witch of the West (been curling up with Wicked) when they don't get enough sleep.

How many zzz's do you need to be refreshed?

In the mood for some fun? Check out the Sheep Dash to test your reaction time. Turns out I am a Bobbing Bobcat- looks like I better go get some rest.

8 comments:

Rose said...

I never get enough sleep anymore, and you know what a crabby bitch I am! Remind me again why I'm getting up at 4:30? oh yea....mooooo!

Will it ever get better??

Pam said...

I'm just like you. I need my sleep or I am just down right miserable. That is why I waited so long to have another baby - I just knew I would not be able to handle not sleeping again.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I need my sleep too...I am a zombie in the middle of the night when i hear a little one needing me...thankfully they both sleep very well so I get some sleep!!! however after a while your body just gets used to it and adjusts...

Dana said...

i soooo need my sleep.. i too get crank with not enough zzzz's!!!

Christy said...

I need about 9 or 10 hours to feel really good. I usually only get about 7 hours. I am bitchy A LOT.

Anonymous said...

i was a sluggish snail so don't feel bad!
the sleep i need and the sleep i get are 2 diff things. sometimes i get 8 hours. and it depends on the shift hubby is working. and how well N is sleeping or not sleeping!

Lori said...

I need 8hrs to feel like I'm myself... I just don't get that many very often

Missi said...

I'm totally with you on this one. Adam can be great with six hours of sleep- I just can't do it.