I have been using the FlyLady system for about a week and so far so good. I am not following it to a tee however because I think having a toddler makes some things difficult. For example, waking up before my family is not realistic right now for me. E sleeps in the bed so I need to act as a barrier- hee hee. Also, the getting dressed first thing in the morning just doesn't work for me. For one thing, unless I am putting on a warm sweat suit, the thought of putting on cold jeans on a winter morning is just torture. So I get dressed when E goes down for her first nap. This works very well for me and for E too. I still lay out all my clothes at night- I just don't put them on until 10:00. I know I am a lazy a$$. In the summer maybe I will get dressed to flip flops in the early morn- but who knows!
The morning routine and bedtime routine have helped me tremendously. I am just a flybaby so my routines are still brandy new. I know most of you are probably thinking DUH! but I really need a set routine or I am lost.
Here is what I do in the morning....every morning.
- Get up
- Start Laundry if needed
- Make/Eat/Clean Up Breakfast
- Check e-mail/blog
- Check Google calendar/RSVP's/Bulletin Board
- Swiffer dust downstairs
- Swish/Wipe downstairs bathroom
- Prep for dinner if possible
and my bed time routine is
- sweep kitchen floor
- shine sink & make sure kitchen is neat and tidy
- take out food to defrost food for following day
- check hot spots- dining room table, hallway & stairs
- clean E's toys
- shower yada yada yada
- lay out clothes for next day- mine and E's