Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Times They Are A-Changin'



Eliza watched the election with bated breath. When I tell my daughter that in America anyone can be anything she will know it is the truth. Her view will be very different than mine own and for that I am extremely grateful. I am glad that I decided to take her with me to vote so that I will be able to tell her where she was and what she did the day the first African American was elected to be the President of the United States. The times they are a changing!



5 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Avery went with me too!!!! Lauren was at daycare - but she goes to the church where I had to vote, so I guess in a round about way she was there too!!!!

Pierrette said...

I remember going to vote with my parents as early as 3 years old and when I see people who do not vote I just don't get it because for me voting is just something you do. This year when we had our election in Canada I brought Christophe with me just like my parents did every year until I was old enough to vote myself.

Dana said...

love the shirt!!! eliza is such a big girl!!

Christy said...

It was a historic day. I am so proud of our country.

Tipp said...

Way to set a great example for your daughter!