Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Home Stretch


I can't believe that I am almost in my third trimester. I am 27 weeks and one day pregnant. Holy Moly! This morning I went and did my glucose test. The orange drink wasn't too bad. It is the waiting that stinks. It makes me all jittery and I could barely read my book. I REALLY hope I don't have to go back for the three hour.

Overall I love being pregnant. I feel great. I have had quite a bit of Braxton Hicks but nothing terrible at this point. I never really experiences this with Eliza- or at least I didn't realize what is was at the time. My sleep has been decent enough. I am not really uncomfortable at all yet. BONUS! I have only had like three leg cramps in the middle of the night.

I have had two dreams about the sex of the baby. In the first dream I had a little girl. Then I was like, WAIT! it can't be a girl-I am supposed to have a boy. And of course I had a boy too. VERY STRANGE! Apparently the fact that I was pregnant with twins had gone unnoticed. I am pretty sure this was an anxiety dream. My husband said that if we have another girl we are done. However, if we have a boy then we can probably have a third. So, although I could care less about the sex of the baby- my husband's words must have penetrated deep into my subconscious to torture me in my sleep.

In the second dream my water broke and I went to the hospital. However, I didn't go into labor soon enough so they decided I needed to have a C-section. When the baby was born it was... A GIRL! AND the baby looked exactly like Eliza.

I am pretty sure I ma having a girl. If they tell me it is a boy-I might need them to double check.

I have been majorly slacking with taking belly pics. I was so diligent when I was pregnant with Eliza. I used the timer on my little snap and shoot to take pics every week. This time we take them with my husband's camera and well we actually don't take them with the camera. I am hoping to snap a picture very soon for another comparison.


I am doing a baby poll again at Expectnet- so head on over and have a guess!


10 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Look at you looking all amazing and stuff! Soooo beautiful. Pregancy looks good on you sweetie.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You look great. That dream is funny.

Christy said...

I remember that my pregnancy with Porgie dragged on FOREVER. But my pregnancy with Izzy lasted all of 3 seconds. With very baby, time seems to speed up.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

You look SO cute!!! I loved being pregnant too...and I can't wait to see this little one!!!

Anonymous said...

It feels just like yesterday I took that orange drink - and here I am looming 38 weeks come this weekend :s eek. Beautiful picture!

I have had one dream - and I am always having a boy....ryan says he pictures a girl. I don't have any pull one way or the other to have "one of each" so to speak, but I guess we'll see!

Missy said...

You are so darn cute. I can't wait to start feeling better and "enjoy" being pregnant!

Unknown said...

Congrats on baby #2. That was enough for us...with the pregnancy issues and all. Sounds like yours is going pretty smoothly. Can't wait to hear what you're having :)

Future Mom (Heather) said...

looking forward to seeing your "photo shoot" belly pics. pete better get on the ball asap and now wait till 38 weeks or whatever the heck he is planning on doing!

i find it totally weird that if you have another girl you are done but if you have a boy you can try for a 3rd baby. isn't that the complete opposite of what everyone else would say? i am thinking in his mind you already have all of the girl clothes, etc and it will be easier to reuse them for this baby if it's a girl. if you have a boy then you have to buy all new stuff anyway so might as well have another baby because whatever it is, you will have the clothes for it. am i right?

i already guessed august 18 in the baby pool :)

Andrea said...

I remember having such weird dreams when I was pregnant too!! You look great though! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be surprised too! I knew Kaelin was a girl from the ultrasound, but this time, I turned away! DH knows, though...he couldn't wait! I was thinking boy, but now I'm kinda unsure....the heartbeat indicated "girl" but I always said that I don't put too much stock in that b/c Kaelin's heartbeat indicated boy!