Friday, May 29, 2009

My Lil Sweetie Patootie & Pregnant Mama Sliding



Eliza is such a little cutie. If I could eat her up she would be gone in one gulp. Of course we have days when I want to pull out my own eyelashes- but usually they don't last long. I love snuggling up with her in bed at night while Pete and I cover her little face with kisses.


I think she is getting more used to the idea of a new baby. She loves when I read Biscuit and the Baby and she has also been requesting her big sister book. Last night she held a conch shell to my belly so that baby could hear the ocean. Too sweet. I almost melted. She also likes to hear the baby's heartbeat. When I ask her when the baby is coming she says August in the cutest little voice. I know she has no clue wheat that means-but it is cute anyway.


We have had lots of transitions in the past few months. She is no longer using her Binky during the day. She still gets it for naps and bed time. I don't see that ending before age 2. It is her comfort item and I think it would be cruel to take it away. Sometimes she wakes up at night crying if she loses it in the bed, so I know she isn't ready to say goodbye.

We are no longer rocking her to bed at night. Instead we lay in the bed listening to her lullaby music while she calms down and falls asleep. This usually takes about 45 minutes. She spins around and around, kicks the wall and crawls all over us. She usually jibber jabbers nonstop. Pete and I stifle our laughs at some of the things she says. It is like her brain is emptying out from the entire day. After this routine she usually passes out. We are usually passed out too.


We are still cosleeping. I think we have decided as a family that we are just not ready for it to end. I know it isn't for everyone but it works for us and we actually love sleeping together. In my nesting frenzy I decided to make Eliza's room a playroom and move all the sleeping stuff into our bedroom. Our bedroom is kinda shaped like an L. Now our bed and dresser are in the little part of the L and E's bed and her glider are in the big part of the L. I am thinking I might get an Mini Arm's Reach Cosleeper for E's twin bed so I can sleep there with the baby and E can continue to sleep in our bed. What matters is that everyone gets as much sleep as possible and I am pretty much willing to do whatever works.





6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying the sleeping- as you said, it works for you. That is what is important.

Andrea said...

That's great that Eliza seems to be getting more ready for a baby. :) Yay!!

Marcy said...

That is such a beautiful picture of her... and she looks SO MUCH like you to me in the photo.

Sounds to me like you're making wise decisions for yourself and your family. =)

Mrs. Stam said...

what a sweet post ! I'm sure she will be a great big sister! Our 2 daughters are 18 months apart and it's so much fun and big sister jsut loves her little sis!!!!

Christy said...

Sleep is always tough. I have struggled to find a balance too. I am glad you are happy with your current set-up, and hope that the new baby enjoys it too:)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my gosh these photos are GREAT!

Steph