Thursday, January 13, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

It sure seems like a long time since we have actually been home. We left our condo in August the day after Jude & Eliza's birthday party. A house full of people the day before moving...only me. The house wasn't even fully packed up but the kids and I were going to spend the week in Cape May with my parents, a vacation that was planned before we decided to move. That was our first week away from Pete and although Cape May was amazing he was certainly missed.


After returning from Cape May we stayed at my parents house for about three weeks while Pete packed up our condo. It was during this time that Jude and I were in a car accident and my car was totalled. We had planned to be down in Charlotte before my niece started school so Pete borrowed my parents car while I borrowed Pete's car. Pete and I drove down with the kids on September 9th. At this point we had been living without Pete for four weeks.

At my parents we celebrated the kids birthdays again!


My poor CRV- not even a year old. BLERG


We have been staying at my brother's place in Charlotte since September. We see Pete on the weekends and it always goes too fast. He did get to stay here for two weeks while in training for his job and it was great being all together again.


On Thanksgiving my brother, Pete and I ran a 5k. Here we are the morning of our Turkey Trot.


On Saturday we are leaving to go start setting up our apartment in SC. We will be living in a small apartment that fits about an 1/8 of our stuff- but living away from Pete for the past five months (and without most of our belongings) has definitely made me realize that we don't really need THINGS we just need each other. So 2011l be about downsizing, living simply, and working on being a family again.

2 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like you are ready for some normal moments in life... lol I say that about myself all the time too. Hope your 2011 is full of fun and family

Christy said...

I am glad your back to blogging! But this story confuses me. Why did you move to SC in the first place? Did you sell your condo? Is the move to SC permanent?