Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Day in the Life...

Today I will break down my schedule for one day as the 30 minute mommy. A snapshot of what you would see if you were a fly on the wall in my house; which by the way you wouldn’t want to be because my cats go after those bugs pretty hardcore. Rise and shine at 8:30 a.m. and warm up a yummy bottle of EBM. I am assuming it is yummy – haven’t tasted it myself, but my mom has- that’s a whole different story. After Eliza eats it is time for mommy to pump and watch Regis and Kelly! Yes, I pump full time. Yes, that makes me insane. I spend 2 hours a day pumping; or eight times a day for 15 minutes and about an hour a day washing pump parts. At around 9:30 we have play time on back and tummy. I usually will go as long as I can before she starts to get cranky or I get cranky- whichever comes first. Then it is time for changing, swaddling and napping. I like to play my rain CD for baby Eliza but lately it skips so I have had to switch to baby Bach or Mozart or baby something or other. I put her down in her baby positioner and pat her little bottom until she nods off to dreamland. Sometimes I gently caress her little eyebrows because that makes her sleepy too. I would like to put her down awake and have her nod off on her own but that has not happened yet, so we gently spank her butt instead. I don’t know what it says about her future that she enjoys a nice spank on her rear now and again nor do I want to think about it at the present time. LOL When she naps I chop everything for the stone soup I am making for supper and make myself some oatmeal. She wakes up to eat about an hour later and we start the whole process all over again- eat, pump, play, pat the butt- you get the idea. The next time she sleeps I fluff my x-mas tree some and inhale a turkey and Swiss on rye. I eat my lunch while e-mailing my husband and surfing the net. At some point we went out to Target because I hadn’t been out of the house for a few days. At around 4:00 I put her in the baby carrier and try to get some chores done. At 6:45 I start putting dinner together. DH gets home around 7:30 and we go into Phase II- Daddy Time. He plays with DD and then bathes her, gives her a bottle and puts her to bed at 9:00. We then sit down for some dinner at which point we realize I put way too much hot sauce in the soup. Actually it takes me about an hour to remember that I even put hot sauce in the soup. First, DH and I take turns sniffing the smoked Paprika trying to figure out if is super spicy! We head up to bed at around 10. I wake up at around 1:30 to pump. Baby Eliza wakes up at 4:30 to eat and DH feeds her and puts her back down. She sleeps until 8:30 a.m. and we start the fun all over again. Although this sounds pretty smooth she usually wakes up from naps a few times and I end up holding her and rocking her while she sleeps. I would hold her all day long if I didn’t have to eat, bathe or get things done!