Friday, May 2, 2008

Awesome ABC's


I strolled down to the Scholastic book fair in my school library and found my new favorite kid's book. It is SuperHero ABC by Bob McCleod. It is AWESOME! My kindergarten kids love the book. The website has some coloring and activity pages that go with the book. There are also some great pics of kids dressed in superhero costumes from charcetsr in the book. One superhero does VOMIT on the bad guys- but if vomit helps my struggling student learn the letter V- than so be it. If you visit the site you can see inside the book. You will get a glimpse of Bubble Man who blows bubbles at bullies. My students are creating their own superhero characters using the first letter of their names. FUN!


5 comments:

Lori said...

what a fun book... and that would touch on some of those strugglers who don't see the reading connection still

Dana said...

The director of my school ; her friend wrote this book.. My school get to preview it before it came out!

Pam said...

that does sound like a fun book - whatever motivates them to read, right? and what a great follow up activity! You rock.

Tipp said...

That is one thing I miss about teaching... Book Fairs!

Ah, kids books are the best. I haven't heard of this one, I will have to check it out for my church kids.

Mommy Mechanics said...

I'll have to check it out, I bet my son would love that book.